Breadth and current focus
I've been fortunate to work with talented cross-functional peers across a variety of industries. In 2020, I joined the team at ActiveCampaign as a Product Designer to help shape the future of web messaging.
Senior UX Designer
CloudBees, Inc. (2019-2020)
I worked with a distributed team to reshape the user experience of the world's most important CI/CD tooling. This role encompassed unique open-source design constraints and significant operational design challenges.
- UX strategy and design to revitalize legacy CI/CD products
- Design work for forthcoming, cutting-edge products
- Design research to understand users and unique DevOps challenges
- Collaboration with a global community of open-source contributors
- Collaborating with other designers to form a ResearchOps function
- Collaborative design and maintenance of two design systems
- Consistent documentation of design projects and methodology
- Deeply collaborative work with cross-functional peers
Disney Experience Designer
The Walt Disney Company (2018-2019)
At Disney, I worked on internal tooling for Cast Members across global touchpoints. I also dabbled in brand design, leveraging the organization's unique legacy of storytelling prowess.
- Visual identity design work for various internal projects
- Extensive brand research to inform visual identities
- Research-driven, large-scale illustrations
- Collaboration with cross-functional peers throughout the global org
- Holistic UX strategy and UI design for internal products
- Thorough design documentation
Product and Visual Designer
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (2015-2018)
At HMH, I designed digital-first education platforms for a global audience. I was also an advocate for modern DesignOps, helping to instill modern design techniques in a rapidly evolving organization.
- Holistic UX strategy for products with a global audience
- Thorough design and interaction documentation
- Regular research to understand pedagogical constraints
- Rapid creation of prototypes for diverse interactions
- Cross-functional collaboration throughout long-term product life cycles
- Designing national and global education brands for millions of customers
- Designing thorough brand guideline documentation for internal teams
I've worked in a freelance capacity with companies ranging from lean startup organizations to massive global corporations, including AIGA, NeoReach, Kore, LeaseCake, and many others.
- Thorough usability audits to inform UX strategy
- Helping clients solve diverse user experience challenges
- Web application and website design
- Mobile application design
- General user experience and DesignOps consultation
- Visual identity design for startups and established companies